has broken the mould yet again with the XDJ-AERO
, the industry's first Wi-Fi enabled all-in-one DJ player and mobile Application combo
The groundbreaking DJ system is set to change the way DJs play by liberating them from endless cables and connections. In an industry first, the XDJ-AERO allows DJs to load music wirelessly from smartphones, tablets, laptops and PCs, instantly taking the hassle out of set up.
The XDJ-AERO creates its own private Wi-Fi network, allowing DJs to connect to up to four wireless devices at once, allowing the crowd to get involved by sending tracks from their own smartphones or tablets to the XDJ-AERO for a more interactive experience.
Industry’s first*1, DJing with tracks in smart phones and tablets via Wi-Fi
By downloading special mobile applications*2 for smart phones and tablets (free of charge), and connecting the Wireless DJ System via Wi-Fi, DJ play can be enjoyed using music stored in each of these devices(Max four devices). In addition, the included “rekordbox™” music management software for DJ play enables DJing with music stored inside a Windows PCs*3 and Mac.
* 1 Pioneer research as of August 9th 2012.
* 2 Downloadable from the end of August 2012.
* 3 Requires PC with wireless LAN functions or wireless LAN network.
Player and mixer combined, and can also be used as an independent 2-channel mixer
The combined structure of two players and a mixer means users can DJ with this device alone. The mixer part is equipped with ports for the connection of external hardware such as CDJ players and turntables, etc., so it can also be used as an independent 2-channel mixer.
Various effects for musical arrangements and mixing with simple controls
A combination of JOG controls with effects enables a wide range of arrangements and mixes using music and built-in sound sources with a simple control.
1. JOG DRUM
Enjoy wide-ranging DJ play - touch the JOG dial to play music, and turn it to scratch.
2. SAMPLE LAUNCH
Play as a DJ using four built-in sound (SCRATCH, HORN, SIREN, and LASER). Users can also play with sounds*4 stored on USB memory, compiled with the “rekordbox™” music management software using these buttons.
● 4 buttons [1-4] will work as SAMPLE LAUNCH trigger button after firmware upgrade.
3. BEAT EFFECT※5
“BEAT EFFECTS” popular in the DJM series are loaded in each player, where four types of effect (TRANS, FLANGER, ECHO and ROLL) can be selected for each piece of music being played, and the number of beats and effect levels can be changed so that users can enjoy diverse types of DJ performance.
4. SOUND COLOR FILTER
The “SOUND COLOR FILTER” popular in the DJM series is loaded in each channel of the mixer, and dynamic arranging and mixing of music will be possible by adding effects to sound regions.
* 4 A software-based function update will be required for this device (to be provided via the Pioneer homepage from December 2012).
* 5 Operates using music where the tempo (BPM: Beats Per Minute) has been analyzed or automatically detected during playback by means of “rekordbox™” and “special mobile applications”.
Automatic mixing of two pieces of music with one-touch controls
1. BEAT SYNC※6
Simply press the “SYNC” button and you can synchronize the music that is being played by each player.
2. AUTO MIX
By loading Playlists created with “rekordbox™” stored in smartphones, tablets, PCs and USB storage devices to the device enables you to playback the Playlist in order using cross-fade*6 or fade-in/fade-out.
* 6 Operates with beat-analyzed music using “rekordbox™” and “special mobile associations”.
Slim and stylish design looks good in interior spaces
The device has been given a slim and stylish design to look good in any interior, with a smoke-colored acrylic panel around a slim, rounded case, and blue and white LEDs illuminating the low-profile JOG and control buttons.
Direct recording to USB storage devices
With a USB port (Type A) on the top panel, DJ mixes can be recorded directly to USB storage devices. Recorded DJ mixes are stored in WAV format for listening on smartphones, tablets and PCs.
High sound quality design for clear and powerful DJ sound
High sound quality has been achieved by using audio circuits from professional DJ equipment in the master-out parts. In addition, the player and mixer audio processing blocks have been produced as one chip, and full digital processing has facilitated DJ play with clear sound while minimizing distortion/noise from A/D-D/A conversion.
● High performance channel fader with slider for smooth operation.
● AUTO BEAT LOOP*5 for automatic music LOOPS at specified beat positions.
● “QUANTIZE” function*6 automatically makes corrections when the specified beat has been strayed from during AUTO BEAT LOOP & BEAT EFFECT.
● LCD screen supporting display of music in 18 languages.
● Independent three-band equalizer.
● DJ software MIDI/HID control possible.
● Built-in high-quality audio interface.
● MIC JACK.
■ Playable media：iPhone/iPad/iPod touch, Android phone/Android Tablet, etc., USB storage devices (Flash memory/HDD, etc.), computers (Mac/Windows PC)
■ Playable file formats：USB connection: MP3,AAC,WAV, AIFF/Wi-Fi connection: MP3,AAC
■ USB storage formats supported：FAT, FAT32, HFS+ (read-only, when journaling)
■ Recording file：WAV
■ No. of channels：2
■ Wireless communications format：IEEE 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz band)
■ Sampling rate：44.1 kHz
■ A/D, D/A converter：24 bit
■ Frequency response：20 Hz～20 kHz
■ S/N ratio：105 dB or above (Wi-Fi/USB PLAY)
■ Total harmonic distortion：Max.0.003 % (Wi-Fi/USB PLAY)
■ Head room：19 dB
■ USB ports：A port × 1, B port × 1
■ Inputs：PHONO/LINE × 2 (RCA)、MIC × 1 (1/4 inch PHONE)
■ Outputs：MASTER OUT × 2 (1/4 inch PHONE × 1, RCA × 1), HEADPHONE MONITOR OUT × 2 (front 1/4 inchPHONE, MiniPin)
■ Enclosed AC adapter：Power AC100-240 V (50 Hz/60 Hz) Rated output DC12 V
■ Maximum external dimensions：623 mm(W) × 289.5 mm(D) × 65 mm(H)
■ Unit mass：3.7 kg
* Mac and Mac OS are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries.
* Windows®, Windows®7, Windows Vista® and Windows®XP are registered trademarks or trade names of Microsoft Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
* Android is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
“rekordbox™” is a registered trademark of Pioneer, Inc.
* Other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.
* Other product, technology and company names, etc. mentioned here in are the trade names or registered trademarks of their respective owners.